Thursday, March 11, 2021

Some Spring knitting.....

Before my last sweater was done, I had already bought some pretty yarn from Sprinkled Fibers .  I have been wanting some bubble gum pink yarn for a shawl/scarf for a very long time. In fact, I originally saw a kit available on Purl Soho but it cost nearly $500 and I wasn't about to do that.  Of course, it was cashmere, but that's besides the point.  

Anyways, I follow this gal from Sprinkled Fibers on Instagram and she was offering this set of gradated pink for a specific shawl and there was no hesitating.  I had to have it.  Didn't matter that I didn't know how to do this particular stitch for the shawl.   I would learn. 



I was so ready to work on something bright and fun after working on so many wintery things. 

I am just getting started here and you can see the adorable stitch marker made just for this kit (Linzer cookie). 


This next picture shows where I am almost ready to bind off.  I managed without too much trouble to conquer the one-color brioche stitch.  It wasn't all that bad, but it is one of those stitches that if you make a mistake, it is pretty hard to go back and make a decent correction, so I have to admit that I did have to rip back a couple times back to my life line and start over.  Oh well.  When you are doing something new and have to do it over a 500 stitch stretch, its a bit scary especially  being a newbie at it, but you have to tell yourself you're bound to make a mistake or two.  It's all in the learning process.  In the end, it is so worth it.

 

Here it is on the blocking boards.  


Next was cutting fringe and attaching it.   

Here is the finished shawl.


This is the close up showing off the lace and the brioche.  I really love how this turned out.  


This shawl feels so summery and now that the weather is warming up (in the 60s so far), I will be able to wear it often.  

Next post will be a quilt, so stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...