Wednesday, January 13, 2021

2021 goals.....

Don't hold me to it, but I really want to get to the bottom of my "to-be-quilted" pile and this year seems like a good time to attempt it.  Some of these quilts have been on the "pile" for ......a very long time.  I can't even say it here  because it makes me ashamed that I have sat on some of these for so long.  

Today, I finished the first of these and the only reason I can say I have kept setting it aside was that I wanted to do custom work on it and for some reason (unless it is a customer quilt) I freeze and fret and and then finally ignore.

So, I just put it on the machine, like I do with customer quilts, and  let it speak to me.  

I started out with outlining all the chevron rows and the borders and then decided to do matchsticks in the lighter chevron rows using Cream Glide thread.



Made the decision to do something interesting in the light inner border by marking off 1" increments and did some ovals.  

I then changed to red Glide thread and echoed the red chevrons


....and for the outside border, I did some feather variations in the red thread, too.  

Here is the completed top.  It's a little larger than 40" square.  It would make a great wallhanging or a table topper.  




Here's a look at the backing with the two colored threads.  





By the way, this quilt is made up of cut off triangles from another quilt and because I love French General fabric sooo much, I just couldn't throw them out.  Goes to show you can make up something pretty decent with scraps  you would normally  throw out.  I am glad I kept them and then decided to see what I could make out of them.  I think it was well worth it.  

 

1 comment:

  1. Well worth the wait indeed - it's beautiful! And I'm with you when it comes to saving scraps; absolutely no point in wasting all of that gorgeous fabric when you could have another quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...