Saturday, December 14, 2019

Some December finishes....

After having to clear out my sewing to have carpets cleaned, I vowed to get many of my projects done and out of there.  I had been keeping some of these projects out front to keep reminding me that they needed to be done and soon, but they just seemed to accumulate and gather dust.

One of those projects (and I hate to admit that it had been there for ....no....I can't even say how long....it's too embarrassing), but this knit project was all done except for having the seams sewn.  Why did it take me so long, I ask myself. It didn't take long to complete it.


This was so old that I had already gotten rid of the magazine that had the pattern and all I had with it were written instructions on how to finish it.   It is called  the "big poncho sweater".  

Another project was this pile of left over strips of chevrons  from a long ago project that I had lying around.  I had thought they would make a great contemporary baby quilt but  they sat there forever.  Well, after getting the sewing room back together, I was NOT going to pile things up again.  So,  I laid out my strips and added white strips to make full rows.



Added a $5.00 a yard backing that I had purchased this summer and got the binding made.



Got it on the longarm and did a freehand, random wavy line stitch to quilt it.




It's all bound and ready to be donated to the local children's hospital.


The next big thing that needed doing in the sewing room was finishing up the commissioned quilt.

The last of the cut out strips was taken off the design wall.


It was a good feeling to get the last off the wall. 

I got the quilt on the long arm and did a straight line stitching 1" apart in a chartreuse colored So Fine thread.








This quilt is bound and ready for delivery.  



Now I am ready to work on some of my newer projects and am looking forward to making progress on those.  I do have a couple Christmas gifts that I want to make, but I am not going to hold my breath at this point.  We will see though.  

Are you ready for the holidays?

2 comments:

  1. Your post encourages me to complete some quilts I have had for way too long. It's always a good feeling to finally get something finished and you managed three of them. Have a pleasant holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quiltlady.....you can do it. So many of those projects that sit around for weeks, months, years are so close to being finished. Many times I think they "finishing" grows bigger and bigger in our heads the longer they sit around; but if we only got to them, we realize there are only a couple more steps to do. What a wonderful feeling it is to finally get it off the UFO list and having it DONE! Good luck in 2020 for finishing some of your projects.

      Delete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...