Thursday, April 18, 2019

Behind, yet way ahead.......

There's been a lot of accomplishments here at Mimi's place but because of a lot of unsettling medical issues here at home  I just haven't felt like blogging for  awhile.  I have been trying to keep my hands and mind busy because of that.  We all know that quilting and/or knitting is good for the soul.
So, saying that, I am going to try and get you caught up on some of the progress I have been making on some of my projects.

I just finished some Christmas items and that's why I say that I am way ahead of things  (which isn't usually the case for me).


Coleen Merte visited out guild and I bought this adorable kit from her.  I made the pieced blocks, did some straight line quilting on each piece and got them bound.  I now have four mug rugs ready for the Christmas holidays.  (Hmmmm...kind of makes me want a cup of hot cocoa and a sugar cookie)


Then there was this customer quilt (Nancy's) beautiful, yellow, buffalo plaid quilt.  It's a big one(96x104)  as you can tell from the picture where the stanchion next to the long arm is in the way impeding my laying it out to photograph.


She requested that I use the "funky feathers, petite" pantograph to quilt this one.


I love how it turned out.  It will be delivered tomorrow.

Another quilt that got quilted and bound recently was the one I worked on at a class given at guild by Theadra Fleming called "Make It Simple".  It's not really a pattern, but more of a process to make something that looks difficult, but is really simple.  She said there was no math involved, but I had  to use some math so that I could get it to come out with a usable sized quilt.

The process is pretty much making a large piece of fabric with strips of fabric and then subcutting it and then piecing it together again.


I quilted this one with the "Bush Berries" pantograph which gave me a lot of good coverage for all those seams.  

This was 99% stash fabric.  The only piece I ended up buying was the binding.  Nothing like using up the stash.  It feels good.


The guild's challenge quilt has, also, been worked on.  It was started in January and although I can't share it yet, I am updating my progress on it in a blog post that will be posted in June when we have our reveal. Mine is complete as of this month.  What I will share with you is the backing which is a plain white Kona, but I love the texture of the quilting on it.


I used my "Azalea" pantograph to quilt this one and think the back would make a great whole cloth.

Well, that's plenty for now.

I don't want to bore you!

My next post will be about the retreat that I attended with my daytime quilt guild.  There was lots of progress made by all there; and I even worked plenty on my Bonnie Hunter's Hunters Star quilt....something that I thought I would never do.  It has a crazy amount of pieces.  I'll save it for next time though.


1 comment:

  1. Sending Be Well wishes across the miles...and you have done an impressive amount of quilting despite everything! The textures created on each of the quilts is wonderful - especially the “funky feathers, petite” design - those little mug mats are adorable - and the penguin is a hoot. The whole kit must have been so fun to work with.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...