Monday, November 27, 2017

Can't just work on one thing......

Why is that?

Before starting something else, I should finish the thing that I started.  It's just never been that way with me though.

.
I started this sweater some time ago.  I have a life line at the end of the ribbing on the bottom just in case I want to add more length.  All I need to do are the sleeves which should be easy peasy.  Right?
I think I am procrastinating because I am not sure about picking up all the stitches under the arm  to close up the hole that is always at the beginning of the start up row.  I'll get to it.

So instead, I picked up my yarn for a hat.


This is the yarn I bought for the free patterns that my sister-in-law and I got for visiting all eight shops when we went on our Northern Michigan Knit shop hop.  So far,  I have the brim done.  It's a new stitch for me and I think I really like it.  

But....then instead of continuing on with my hat, I got into the sewing room and picked out a couple of fabrics to make an exchange gift (or two) for my new guild's Christmas party.



It's a reversible soup bowl holder.  

I thought I was going to be really smart and make two at a time.  

I was chain stitching away and then when I tried to put the second one together, I realized I had made one dart incorrectly.


See the angle on the right?  It's too steep making it wonky.  It's supposed to look like this.


Oh well.  Thank goodness I have some more of that paisley.   I will redo it another day since now I am going to go back and pick up my turquoise hat again and see how far I can get with it.  

Of course, I did take a quilt top and back down to the long arm.  I could load that.

See!?!

Way too many things going at the same time.  

3 comments:

  1. (Anonymous) Sharon: I was also just working on my bowl holders for the guild exchange!
    (I like yours better!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like we all have so many projects going on at the same time - preparing for the holidays just ramps things up a bit! Where are all those little elves we hear about? Lovely shade of blue for your hat and the stitch is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really admire you for your knitting skills. Your work is so beautiful. I wish I could say I've never made a mistake like you did on your soup blow holder! lol They are great gifts!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...