Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Christmas is all packed away....

It's always sad to see all the Christmas decorations get put away; but isn't it funny how the house looks so bare, even though that's the way we live all year long? 

The holidays were really busy for us this year, so I am trying to catch up on some of the things that I accomplished.

So, I thought I would share a quilt that I had finished for a customer (Sherry) just before Christmas.  If I remember correctly, she had started this some time ago for a family member and thought that it was time to get it done and gifted. 


To soften all the hard angles, I used Bauhaus panto.  I think this panto did the trick.  I felt the quilt was a contemporary type quilt and this panto is very modern, too.  

Here are some close ups. 





Here it is completed.  The name of the quilt is Gray Square Scramble from Keepsake Quilting.  


This is the back.  It is black, but didn't show up that way in the picture.  


I used a medium gray So Fine top and bottom and I love the way the stitching showed up on the quilt.  
She got this back in plenty of time to bind it and wrap it.

Hmmm...what to report next?





1 comment:

  1. Your machine quilting is really striking & compliments the piecing on the quilt. You are right - the house seems bare - but now am all ready thinking ahead to painting the hallway and generally sprucing things up...so begins the new year!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...