Friday, December 30, 2016

A little yarn therapy.....

Spent a couple days at my sister-in-law (Maria)  and brother-in-law's lake house after Christmas; and Maria and I did a little retail therapy in a couple yarn shops. 

At Thistledown Shoppe in Suttons Bay, MI  I found the colors of yarn I was looking for a particular pattern that I have been wanting to do for awhile.  I want to do the hat, the cowl and the mittens.  



The green is by Dragonfly Fibers and the color is called Celery Seed.  It is 100% superwash merino wool.  The raspberry yarn is from Madelinetosh, the Pashmina line and the color is called Coquette.  It is 75% merino wool; 15% silk and 10% cashmere.  

I, also, decided on making some boot cuffs after purchasing some Sorel boots that I thought needed a little umph, so I picked up this pattern along with some yarn.   This yarn is a 100% Extrafine Superwash Merino Wool and the color is called Oleaster.  It is hand dyed and has some slight coffee and cream variations throughout.  


Then we headed over to Traverse City at KnitKnorth (love that place); and the first color I saw when I walked into the door was this luscious lavender.  I didn't know what I would make with it, but I had to find a pattern to warrant buying it.  

This yarn is a Mrs. Crosby yarn and the color is called Monkey Orchid.  It is 75% superwash merino wool, 15 % silk and 10% cashmere.  It is soooo yummy!



Maria says that I have to have matching nail polish when I wear these, so I will have to hunt some of that down, too.  

Anyways, I am home and I am in need of a couple sizes of needles to get a couple of these projects started, so I am sure you can guess where I will be tomorrow morning.  Gotta hit the stores before they are closed for the holiday.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...