Friday, March 25, 2016

Surprise!!!!

I am expecting a package in the mail with the blocking wires, pins and mats  that I ordered so that I can block my lace shawl that is off the needles.


This took me only six days to get to this point and that is only working on it after my regular daytime job.  It really was easy.

So, when there was a package sitting at my front door this afternoon, I figured my order came really quick!!  Yeah!!  But, I was expecting my package to be a little longer to accommodate the long  blocking wires.  

Then my second thought was that my friend saw my post about needing some 30's fabrics (which I don't need now, and I certainly didn't need a box weighing as much as this box did).  

But...I was in for a surprise.  

Don't know why yet (I have to place a phone call to let my friend know that I received this package from her) but it was filled to the brim with lovely fabric with a note saying every time she saw this fabric, she  thought of me, so she finally got around to sending it my way. 


This is The Farmer Fancy and you can see the whole line  under its name.

There are two 1/4 yards (left to right), two 1/2 yards, one 2 1/4 yards and a 4 yard piece.  Wow!  What can I say?  Thank you doesn't seem enough. 

The selvage says it is a line from Windham Fabrics called the Farmer Fancy in Association with The National Museum of the American Coverlet Museum.  

This is just beautiful!!

There were a couple of free patterns on Windham Fabrics' website, so I will have to see if these fabrics will fit the bill for any of those  patterns.  

My mind is already trying to formulate a pattern that will utilize these pretty fabrics.  

Little does Sheila know how much this package means to me.  Life has been crazy around here since October, but I do see a light at the end of that tunnel and then I will have lots of time to come up with something for this lovely line of fabrics.  

Thank you Sheila!

2 comments:

  1. Your shawl looks stunning and boy did you knit that quickly!
    I hope your supplies come in quickly to finish it.
    Pretty fabrics too, what a lovely surprise package!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fabric really is "you!" Can't wait to see what you make with it.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...