Food for thought.

Memory is a wonderful treasure chest for those who know how to pack it.

Sunday, October 4, 2015

Taking a break from the stars......

I have had a quilt on the longarm for way too long.   Ran into a problem using pink thread on a busy fabric that had pink in it.  Therefore I couldn't see where I was going.  


So, I made Jamie Wallen's side light .  You can see the video on his YouTube site.  

It helped tremendously.  


This is a charity quilt made by a guild member and they ask for people to quilt them.  I took this one  to practice my free form feathers.  (they only have 100 that need to be quilted!!!)

I worked in the "dark" with only the side light so that I could see the shadows of where I was and where I was going.  I highly recommend throwing one of these lights together rather than trying to adjust lamps here and there.  Quilting is supposed to be fun....not so much work. 

Here are a couple pictures of the backing. 



Ok....back to my stars.  I have started putting the rows together. It won't be long before it is a top.  

Happy quilting.  




3 comments:

  1. Wow, you are doing great. Once you get those 100 quilts done for your guild, you'll be an expert!! :-)



    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully Done, My Friend!
    See you tonight!
    Sharon G

    ReplyDelete
  3. BEAUTIFUL feather quilting you've done on that Charity quilt!
    Your stitches are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete