Food for thought.

Memory is a wonderful treasure chest for those who know how to pack it.

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June 30th!! How can that be?

The month has just flown by.  

I have kept myself busy this month quilting though; and I can share what I have been working on, too. 

At retreat earlier this month, I worked on a commissioned quilt for a co-worker.  


I had complete freedom to make whatever I wanted  for a baby quilt as long as it was gender neutral.  I found that to be harder than having specific requests.  There were just way too many choices.  She has since found out that it is going to be a boy, so I did eliminate the pink panel that would have been in the Farmland quilt and replaced it with another blue. 

Anyways, I had this one cut out prior to retreat and got the top completely done.  

Then I decided that this one was probably a little larger than what she might want and the cost was starting to go up pretty quick with the fabrics that I chose, so during retreat I went shopping and bought more fabric for another quilt.  


I found these fabrics in a shop called Jackman's in St. Louis, MO.  The fabric line is called Babes in Farmland.  This was a smaller quilt AND a little more baby-ish. 

So since being home, I have put both of them on the long arm; and quilted them both with "daisies".



Babes in Farmland is bound and if you notice, I used a white minky on the back of this quilt.


Found a great diagonal stripe to bind the Chain Reaction quilt and the backing is the same as the focus fabric on the top.  


So in less than a month, I made two baby quilts to present to my co-worker and let her make the choice of which one she wants.  




Now the plan is to get back to my UFOs and start making a dent in that pile.  

I'll let you know which one of the quilts got picked tomorrow.  I am guessing the Farmland one.  I think the minky alone will sell that one.  

Ok....let's bring on July!!!




3 comments:

  1. WOW...Babies in Farmland went together FAST!
    It's really wonderful!
    The quilting is beautiful on both of those quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love seeing so much progress!
    Nice work!
    (btw…I can comment as Anonymous for now…I guess that will have to be good enough for now…)
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete