Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June 30th!! How can that be?

The month has just flown by.  

I have kept myself busy this month quilting though; and I can share what I have been working on, too. 

At retreat earlier this month, I worked on a commissioned quilt for a co-worker.  


I had complete freedom to make whatever I wanted  for a baby quilt as long as it was gender neutral.  I found that to be harder than having specific requests.  There were just way too many choices.  She has since found out that it is going to be a boy, so I did eliminate the pink panel that would have been in the Farmland quilt and replaced it with another blue. 

Anyways, I had this one cut out prior to retreat and got the top completely done.  

Then I decided that this one was probably a little larger than what she might want and the cost was starting to go up pretty quick with the fabrics that I chose, so during retreat I went shopping and bought more fabric for another quilt.  


I found these fabrics in a shop called Jackman's in St. Louis, MO.  The fabric line is called Babes in Farmland.  This was a smaller quilt AND a little more baby-ish. 

So since being home, I have put both of them on the long arm; and quilted them both with "daisies".



Babes in Farmland is bound and if you notice, I used a white minky on the back of this quilt.


Found a great diagonal stripe to bind the Chain Reaction quilt and the backing is the same as the focus fabric on the top.  


So in less than a month, I made two baby quilts to present to my co-worker and let her make the choice of which one she wants.  




Now the plan is to get back to my UFOs and start making a dent in that pile.  

I'll let you know which one of the quilts got picked tomorrow.  I am guessing the Farmland one.  I think the minky alone will sell that one.  

Ok....let's bring on July!!!




3 comments:

  1. WOW...Babies in Farmland went together FAST!
    It's really wonderful!
    The quilting is beautiful on both of those quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love seeing so much progress!
    Nice work!
    (btw…I can comment as Anonymous for now…I guess that will have to be good enough for now…)
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...