Thursday, May 29, 2014

Almost done......

I was about to take this quilt off the long arm but as I was unrolling it, I noticed I missed a couple spots, so I am done for the day and will finish this up tomorrow or Saturday.
 
 
I do have a pleat that needs to be fixed in one of the setting triangles.  I had a couple suggestions on how to deal with this.  One was steam it with an iron, but I couldn't figure out how to do it with an iron upside down.  I don't want hot water running down my arm.
 
Another suggestion was spritzing the affected area with water and then using a very hot hair dryer on it.  I tried that, but it didn't work.  That might be due to the fact that the owner of this quilt pre-washed her backing before giving it to me and there is just no shrinkage left. 
 
So, I am going to stitch the two areas I missed and I may just take the quilt off the long arm and see if I can do something with it manually.  I even thought of sewing a couple running stitches and doing something of a "gathering" so that I can spread out the fullness.   I have more time to think about it. 
 
Anyways, I am thinking my classes with Karen McTavish are paying off. 


3 comments:

  1. Sometimes I fold over a plea(on the backing) and hand stitch it down using a blind applique stitch. One can hardly tell that it is there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sherry, I couldn't figure out how to respond to you on your site, but thanks,....I may have to give this a try if I can't work it in some other way. Thanks

      Delete
  2. OMG, This is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely not a newbie anymore. Congratulations, girl. You got it going on!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...