Thursday, May 29, 2014

Almost done......

I was about to take this quilt off the long arm but as I was unrolling it, I noticed I missed a couple spots, so I am done for the day and will finish this up tomorrow or Saturday.
I do have a pleat that needs to be fixed in one of the setting triangles.  I had a couple suggestions on how to deal with this.  One was steam it with an iron, but I couldn't figure out how to do it with an iron upside down.  I don't want hot water running down my arm.
Another suggestion was spritzing the affected area with water and then using a very hot hair dryer on it.  I tried that, but it didn't work.  That might be due to the fact that the owner of this quilt pre-washed her backing before giving it to me and there is just no shrinkage left. 
So, I am going to stitch the two areas I missed and I may just take the quilt off the long arm and see if I can do something with it manually.  I even thought of sewing a couple running stitches and doing something of a "gathering" so that I can spread out the fullness.   I have more time to think about it. 
Anyways, I am thinking my classes with Karen McTavish are paying off. 


  1. Sometimes I fold over a plea(on the backing) and hand stitch it down using a blind applique stitch. One can hardly tell that it is there.

    1. Sherry, I couldn't figure out how to respond to you on your site, but thanks,....I may have to give this a try if I can't work it in some other way. Thanks

  2. OMG, This is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutely not a newbie anymore. Congratulations, girl. You got it going on!


I said I wouldn't......

I meant it when I said it. But I failed and ended up doing it. I picked up the knitting needles instead of getting back to my pile o...