I had a goal for this retreat to finish a baby quilt top that I had started in June at another retreat.
So, I did finish the houndstooth, baby blue and white quilt top.
I love the look of this quilt, but there are lots and lots of bias edges and I am not too happy with the way it was turning out. I did eventually start starching the heck out of this, but it just isn't as "squared" as I would like it, so I am going to try and re-starch and see what I can do....especially since I have fabric to make a baby pink and white AND a charcoal and white. I don't want to get discouraged.
My second project was to work on a Fig Tree quilt called Sunwashed. I am making this one in the Vintage Modern fabric. I had all the pieces cut out before retreat.
I made one block....
and found it to look disturbingly like a TV test pattern...LOL, so I threw some more pieces up on the design wall to give you a better look.
I am liking this look a little better...
So, I have ALL the blocks made, but need to lay out all the blocks with the sashings on the floor here at home so that I can get the colors spread out evenly.
I have now done that......
and will look over my pictures of the lay out, maybe make some switcharoos and then start pinning rows. Once I do that, I can start stitching.
All in all, it was a very successful quilt retreat. It was certainly one that I really needed.
I hope you get lots of sewing or crafting or whatever you want to do accomplished in the next few days. I am hoping to get my Sunwashed quilt top all together by the end of this weekend. I know I have the quilting bug now and hope I can keep up the momentum.