Saturday, February 4, 2012
Beyond the Cherry Tree blocks are all done.
These blocks are 25 months worth.
One more month and I will have all four patterns for the four sides worth of borders.
First I need to find the original pattern to see if I need to trim these blocks and then get them sewn together. I plan on doing a scrappy border, so want to get these sewn up so that I know what to put where.
Below is my final layout. It just wasn't the best picture I could get of the blocks (like above).
I tried not to get "like" backgrounds too close to each other, not too many vases close to each other, not too many wreaths close to each other and tried to keep the blocks that read a lot of "red" too close to each other. I think I did a decent job; of course you know once I get it all sewn together I am going to wish I had moved one or more blocks. Oh well.
Almost all my cherries for the four borders are made and I have started tracing out the leaves on my freezer paper. I, also, need to makes yards of stems. But I think once I get busy on the borders, it won't take too long. I am so anxious to see this quilt come to fruition. It's been a long 29 months.
My husband built me some shelves for the "stash" closet so that I no longer have to stack all my large Rubbermaids on top of eac...
One more day before the end of the year and I was hoping to get just one more quilt finished for 2017. I got this pattern from a b...
This quilt came about when I was going through my stash (trying to destash, actually) and I came across a layer cake. I did some research...
Since I am sitting here recovering from surgery, I made sure I had some hand projects to keep me busy for a week or so. The first on...