Saturday, February 4, 2012

Beyond the Cherry Tree blocks are all done.

These blocks are 25 months worth.



One more month and I will have all four patterns for the four sides worth of borders. 

First I need to find the original pattern to see if I need to trim these blocks and then get them sewn together.  I plan on doing a scrappy border, so want to get these sewn up so that I know what to put where. 

Below is my final layout.  It just wasn't the best picture I could get of the blocks (like above).


I tried not to get "like" backgrounds too close to each other, not too many vases close to each other, not too many wreaths close to each other and tried to keep the blocks that read a lot of "red" too close to each other.  I think I did a decent job; of course you know once I get it all sewn together I am going to wish I had moved one or more blocks.  Oh well. 

Almost all my cherries for the four borders are made and I have started tracing out the leaves on my freezer paper.  I, also, need to makes yards of stems.   But I think once I get busy on the borders, it won't take too long.  I am so anxious to see this quilt come to fruition.  It's been a long 29 months. 

8 comments:

  1. Your quilt turned out really lovely! Congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are stunning! Wow! Congrats on perservering and getting 'er done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just a GORGEOUS quilt ! Congratulations on finishing all of the beautiful blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, you had a double challenge with the layout, having to consider both the block and the background. I think your setting is excellent, very balanced. I'm seeing a trend of the grape vine block in the center. I'm going to see what the block you have in the top left looks like placed in the center. Did you try that and was it too dark? I'm curious and still 6 blocks short of finished.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is turning out so beautifully! That's a long time to stay with a project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG - that is amazing! Congratulations on a job well done, and about that "layout thing" where you change block positions .... don't worry about it - it looks amazing. Can't wait to see the borders - it's been great following your progress. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a project with a capital P. You have done well!!!

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...