Food for thought.

Memory is a wonderful treasure chest for those who know how to pack it.

Friday, January 7, 2011

I have been inspired by a quilt that Sharon worked on.  You can see it here.  http://grassrootsquilting.blogspot.com/  There is a baby shower that I have been invited to at the end of this month and I thought I would take some of my Aunt Gracie fabrics and some white and work up a bunch of half square triangles and see where it got me.  The first batch made is here. 


I have to make up another 80 or so blocks and I will have a baby quilt top.  There will be 3 "open" squares by 4 "open squares.  It will give me  36 x 48.  Then there will be borders if I so choose. 

I am using the Quilt in a Day half sqare triangle ruler and I just love using it as I have always hated making hst's, but with this ruler, they are a snap.  You get 8 at a time.  Love it! 

So, I hope to have a finished quilt in no time at all.  Of course, since I can't machine quilt like Sharon does, mine won't be as beautiful as hers.  ;)

Gotta go get busy.  My daughter's wedding quilt is waiting, so I need to get this one out of the way.

Happy Quilting!

6 comments:

  1. It will be fabulous. I waffled between the feathers or straight lines, and if I was doing a small one on my DSM, I'd quilt straight lines. The print pieces were loops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great pattern for a quick baby quilt, it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is going to be a great quilt. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Quilalina. I am loving it and think it will work up quickly and be a good gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! Love the contrast with the white - what's the size of the finished HST blocks?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling baby quilt this will be!
    Just love those cheerful 30's prints and the design you are using too!

    ReplyDelete