Monday, September 20, 2010

All packed and ready to go....

I will be leaving tomorrow morning for Gwen Marston's Beaver Island retreat.  Sharon and Nancy and I will be bunking in a condo at the White Birch Lodge.  http://gwenmarston.com/retreat/retreat.htm  I am so looking forward to this. 

The theme for this retreat is  "Liberated Quilt Making".  I have a ton of the French General fabrics to work with and I am, also, bringing along the solids I worked with at a workshop that I had with her earlier this year at the Cameo Quilt Guild.  Now, this doesn't mean that I  am not open to changing direction fabric-wise  once I get there and see what everyone is working with.  Believe me....just seeing what Nancy and Sharon have will probably sway me...they have such good taste.  But....I have to keep telling myself that I DON'T NEED ANYMORE FABRIC.  Ok.....now that I have that off  my chest, I promise to come back next Sunday with lots of pictures AND lots of progress on my liberated quilt. 

See you this weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Have a blast. I just purchased 44 solids so I'm ready for my classes with Gwen next May! Can't wait to see pics of your projects and those around you. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time at the Retreat Faye!
    This will be the perfect place for you to unwind and to recharge your creative batteries.
    Can't wait for show & tell upon your return!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time!! Can't wait to hear (and SEE) all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great time! I relly enjoyed our workshop with her a couple years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just so love all those hearts and hands blocks. Little by little they are growing. That is what needs to happen to my nearly Insane quilt which has stalled at the moment!
    I will be watching for both these and the BTCT blocks I love those too.
    Cheers
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...