Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mini get together and more.....

Met up with my "quilty chicks" today and we did a little show'n'tell along with some eating and chatting....lots of chatting.

Here is Sharon with her lovely red and green applique.  She just got it back from the quilter's, so I am sure binding is in her near future.  I just love her choices of fabric.  Can you see the subtle pinwheels in the big open areas.  This is a lovely quilt.

Here is Nancy's quilt She is another one who chooses lovely colors and quilt patterns. I love the idea of using a large white border to showcase the beautiful quilting  that one of our favorite quilters, Karen McDavitt, did for her.  With the extra blocks, she centered them on the back of the quilt.  I am thinking this could easily be a reversible quilt.
















As for me, I showed my painted daisy quilt, the toile quilt and the Home Sweet Home quilt, so nothing new from me that  everyone hasn't seen yet. 

On the home front, I got all my batik scraps out and just started cutting from each of the darker batiks to make the binding for the Zen quilt.  I didn't do any measuring, just kept cutting. 


I cut numerous strips, cut each end at 45 degrees, sewed them together, pressed them  and after measuring and finding out I now have enough binding for two quilts, it is all wrapped up and ready for the phone call telling me that my Zen quilt is ready to be picked up.  Guess I will be making another quilt with my brown batik scraps just so I can use my extra binding. 

Ok, onto block #8 of the Cherry Trees.

2 comments:

  1. I love Sharon and Nancy's quilts! Of course I'm partial to applique and just love that pattern!
    I like Nancy's idea - the white border - what a great idea to showcase a pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW your friend Sharon's quilt is beautiful. That looks like so much work. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...