Food for thought.

Memory is a wonderful treasure chest for those who know how to pack it.

Sunday, November 1, 2009

"Just Ducky"

The kit for "Just Ducky" came in the mail this week; and "oh!!" this fabric is so soft! (flannel)



If you recall, this was a pattern in this month's Better Homes and Garden, American Patchwork & Quilting. It comes at the most opportune time since a dear friend of my daughter's is having her first baby (a boy!) due on Valentine's Day. So....knowing how busy my life is, I thought I had better get moving on this quilt. Once the fabric was ordered, it came in no time at all. So.....templates are made.



Pieces are traced out for the applique;



and....all applique pieces are now prepped.



Now I just have to get the rest of the blocks cut. So, when I find the time in the next few days or weeks, I can just sit at the machine and start sewing away. I'll keep you posted on my progress. I am hoping to get this one done soon as I am so excited about it. Sure hope working on flannel doesn't give me any problems. Well, I guess I had better get to cutting out the rest of the blocks.

3 comments:

  1. Well, how cute is that pattern. Can't wait to see your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I bought the same one, Faye! My sweet g'baby isn't due until May, but I just loved this kit! Maybe we can keep each other motivated!
    jenniebeth

    ReplyDelete