Monday, July 13, 2009

....more Hearts and Hands

Little by little I will be posting my progress on my Hearts and Hands blocks.




This is going to be one of those projects that I might be taking to the "home" with me, but I do love it so far and the closer I get to the finish, just maybe the quicker I will work on them. I certainly have a large enough stash to make a huge variety of blocks, but for now, I have these four to show off. The two applique ones were started while I was at the AQS Paducah show and the two paper-pieced ones I worked on at my retreat last month. So....last night I decided to finish them by appliquing the four circles in the centers. Now it is time to choose some more combinations of fabrics and move on to the next few blocks.


By the way....ALL blocks will eventually be round (like the paper pieced ones), but working on a square background preserves the block from getting out of shape and is easier to work with.

Ok...enough talk, I am going to start another one!

4 comments:

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...