Just put the last stitch into the 3rd out of the 4 quilts recently received back from the quilter. It's my Crows in the Corner.
This was a free, downloadable pattern at http://www.windhamfabrics.com/. Other than the tan background, the rest of the top was made from scraps....many of which were taken from my Dear Jane stash. Pinks and browns were the dominant colors with just a dash of green thrown in.
I did reverse applique where the leaves and tree trunk were concerned and needle turn for the birds. This was really a super easy pattern to throw together. I used the Quilt-in-a-Day half square triangle ruler to make the blocks (this ruler makes 8 hst at a time). So, only needing 6 of those, I threw the remaining blocks together and plan on doing a table topper with them.
When it came to doing the binding, I decided to scrappy, but we are talking about piecing 30+ fabrics together that were fat quarter size or smaller; but I think it makes it pretty interesting.
Hopefully this close up of the backing shows off the great job my quilter did carrying through my leafy look for the borders.
Also, like I don't have enough to get ready for my upcoming retreat next week, I also, threw together another NICU baby cap (green) and this was an easy one....basically just knit 2, purl 2.
Well, one more quilt to get bound. Hope to get it done in the next day or two since there are projects to get ready for the retreat AND pack some clothes, too
Di Ford Hall Workshop...Part 2 long with photos
9 hours ago