Friday, April 17, 2009

Spring has sprung!

It seems to have been a long time coming, too. I have been so jealous of those blogs who have pictures of little green sprouts showing up or pretty little flowers in bloom. Now I can say that we here in Michigan are finally seeing some warm weather and warm enough to make the magnolias bud out and the forsythia come into bloom.




I, also, have a picture to show where our pear tree was that fell this winter from a wind storm. It has been chopped down and ground up. All that is left is a mound of chips. While dear hubby was out there cleaning up that area, he also trimmed up the evergreens that were encroaching on his ability to cut grass without getting all caught up in them. Didn't trim them up too much as we like our privacy when sitting outside on our deck. I was a little leary about him doing this, but it doesn't look too bad.




Anyways, it sure it nice to finally have some nice weather. Made me want to go out and get my mani/pedi.....always a good sign of nice weather.


I will be leaving for the big AQS quilt show in Paducah on Wednesday, so be assured that when I get back, there will be lots of pictures to share. If not a lot, at least you will see MY quilt hung up in all its glory. Hope you are all enjoying a beautiful Spring day.

Oh, oh....by the way, my blog has just been added to http://www.quilterblogs.com/. If you want to get your blog "out there", this is the place to be for quilting blogs. Check it out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Michigan quilters, take note

  Come see us at our first Quilter's to Quilter's sale.   Don't know what that is?  Well, it will be 28 quilters/vendors selling...