Recently pulled this UFO out to get it done. I was so close to finishing this and wondered why it became a UFO. On looking back in my blog, I found the reason. My youngest grandson was on the way and my daughter wanted me to knit a christening gown. That then lead to a couple of baby quilts (#1 and #2) to be made. Thus a UFO is born. Oh and let's throw in a wedding and a wedding quilt, too!
I did think I was a little further along. I thought I only had applique and two borders to attach, but actually had all four borders to do.
Here you will see the two black borders attached. The scrappy cream area is for the applique.
Here's a close up of the black border. It's scrappy, too.
Added one half square triangle border here.
Prepping the applique.
Applique is done.
All that is left is the bottom border which is the half square triangles, too; but according to the pattern, she says it doesn't fit, so just whack it off. Yeah...that's exactly how she puts it. But, I am just not the "whack it off" type. So, I have made my border and I need to find a spot that I can lay out the whole quilt to get some good measurements before I attach the bottom border. Then I will make my own adjustments WITHOUT whacking it off.
Stay tuned for a finished quilt top in the next day or two.